Patients who have their procedures performed at Two Rivers Surgical enjoy the convenience of a centrally located facility with easily accessible parking and a streamlined registration process. Two Rivers offers an inviting and comfortable environment designed for efficiency, comfort, safety, and privacy. Patients can rest assured that the friendly and knowledgeable healthcare professionals at Two Rivers will treat them with the utmost care and respect throughout their procedure, as outcomes and patient satisfaction are the true measures of our success.
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Contact the center with any questions.
What To Do And Expect The Day Of Surgery
It is your responsibility to make advanced arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You may NOT drive yourself, be left alone, or leave the facility in public transportation unless accompanied by an adult.
Failure to meet these guidelines could result in the cancellation of your procedure.
- Do not eat after midnight the night before procedure including gum, mints.
- Do not use tobacco (smoking or chewing) after midnight the night before procedure.
- Minimal fluids are allowed 2 hours before arrival time. Example: 8 oz water, cranberry or apple juice, or coffee or tea (without creamers or sweetener).
- Your family may wait in our lobby and rejoin you after you are stable and awake in recovery.
- Please be aware you will be required to sign a consent form for your surgery.
Things to bring with you the day of surgery:
- Eye drops or inhalers
- Glasses or contacts (for reading) with case for storage
- Insurance cards including prescription card
- List of medications and dosages
- List of allergies and sensitivities (including latex allergies or sensitivity)
- Brace or collar (if recently fitted)
- Loose comfortable clothing to put back on after surgery
- If staying in town overnight after surgery bring regular medications
DO NOT bring the following things with you: (please leave at home or with your driver)
Valuables – Purse, wallet, jewelry, and watch